In the mining industry and on construction sites, the Roller Compactor stands out for its ruggedness and utility. It has tremendous power to compact dirt, gravel, and stone better than other types of equipment. It's tough to beat the Roller Compactor for this type of work.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Become familiar with the roller compactor components and controls.
• Understand operator responsibility and safety precautions when working with a roller compactor.
• Help reduce operating and maintenance costs.
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a roller compactor.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Provide an overview of the topics covered in the course.
• Describe the importance of compaction.
• Describe operator responsibility and the importance of awareness when working with the roller compactor.
• Identify warning labels, stickers, and decals.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Roller Compactor
• Identify key components of the roller compactor.
• Identify controls and describe their usage.
• Identify the monitoring system, instrumentation, and gauges.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Describe required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Explain how to safely perform pre-use and post-use checks on the roller compactor.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Explain the start-up, parking, and shut-down procedures.
• Describe ground drive controls.
• Explain basic operating skills, such as the importance of monitoring gauges, how to steer the machine, how to operate the vibratory controls, and how to perform an emergency stop.
Lesson 5: Operating Tasks
• Explain how to establish a work pattern for a typical compacting job.
• Explain how to operate on slopes.
• Explain the basics of vibratory compacting.
• Describe how to monitor soil compaction.
• Explain how to use the leveling blade.
• Explain refueling best practice.
Final Exam – 19 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 19
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days